Welcome to my Podcasting Resource Page. Podcasting is the method of distributing multimedia files, such as audio programs or music videos, over the Internet using either the RSS or Atom syndication formats, for playback on mobile devices and personal computers. The term podcast like 'radio', can mean both the content and the method of delivery.
Resources | Definitions | Podcasts by Dr. Christie and Graduate Students
K-12 Student Podcasts | Creating Podcasts | Personal Experiences with Podcasting
Podcasts by Dr. Christie and her Graduate Students
- Dr. Alice Christie's Solar System Podcast
- See what my EDT 546 Students have to say about multimedia presentations
- See how my current and former graduate students are using podcasting in K-12 classrooms:
- Sarah Svardal's Technology Club students created podcasts using GarageBand from iLife 08. Click on the links below to view each podcast:
Student 1 | Student 2 | Student 3 | Student 4 | Student 5
- Jan Wolfgramm's Podcast hosted at PodBean
Learn how plants adapt to the hot arid climate of the Sonoran Desert
- Room 519 Podcasts
Sharla LaBelle, Apple Distinguished Educator, has been using podcasts as a research tool with her students. Check back often for new podcasts.
- Native American Podcasts
Todd Kisicki, Instructional Technology Spcialist, is working with Mr. Lofstedt’s 4th grade students to create podcasts on Native Americans.
- Lynn Castiglione, Gifted and Talented Teacher, captured her students' impressions of podcasting in idea webs created in Inspiration™.
- Using SmartBoards in the Classroom
Ruben Montoya, Technology Integration Specialist, helps teachers use technology effectively in their classrooms. Check out his podcasts on how to set up SmartBoards for use in the classroom!
- Nathan Fairbank's Students' Podcasts
- Down Syndrome
Nathan Fairbank's 8th grade student, Ben, created a podcast explaining Down Syndrome to his classmates. Check out this interesting podcast.
- Using a GPS created by an 8th grade student
- Bells Palsy created by an 8th grade student
- Barbie Bungee Jump, an 8th grade science activity created by Nathan Fairbanks.
- Beth Fairbanks Students' Podcasts
created by 7th grade students in Beth's science classes: Constellations and Jupiter
Podcast by K - 12 Students Around the Country
- Radio WillowWeb: Radio For Kids by Kids
WillowWeb is a podcast for kids and by kids from the students at Willowdale Elementary School in Omaha, Nebraska. Each new show is called a Willowcast. Each Willowcast can be heard on WillowWeb as an mp3 digital audio file.
- Links to each WillowWeb Podcast
- Our City
Students from around the globe are invited to submit a recording all about the city they live in (with the help of their teachers or parents).
- The ESL Podcasting Project at ISU
Podcasts allow for more student control and flexibility of learning. This projects uses a grant from the Iowa State Center for Online Learning to integrate podcasts into the ESL classroom
Mathgrad Podcast is math for everyday people and discusses the mathematics behind many real life topics in a way that even the worst mathphobe will gain insight
- Daily Idiom
Figurative language lessons for learners of English
- KidCast: Podcasting in the Classroom
- Mr. Langhorst's Web Classroom
Resources for Creating Podcasts
Some Personal Podcast Experiences